Re: TLS clarifications (Re: [eap] Ordered delivery of EAP messages)

Let's forget about DTLS and focus on TLS.  I was arguing that
correctness and security are different things.

If TLS are used over unreliable transport, of course it is not
possible for TLS to maintain implicit sequence number.  Without
reliable transport implicit sequence number would not work if loss or
out-of-order delivery of TLS records happens and *even if there is no
attacker*.  That is why I think that reliable transport is needed for
TLS to make implicit sequence number work *correctly* so that it is
used for *security*.  Maybe we are talking about the same thing in
different ways.

Yoshihiro Ohba