Re: new Service-Type

Victor Gamov wrote:
> Some times ago I ask about propose new Service-Type values to carry
> information about video services.  Now I have I-D which propose such
> values. This document placed at
> http://so.comsat.ru/IST/draft-vit-radext-videoservicetype-00.txt
>
> Please tell me what else must I do to approve this values by IANA?

  IANA performs the allocations itself.  You can request that IANA
allocate numbers for those Service-Type values.  But you cannot control
which numbers IANA allocates.

  If there is only one application that uses these two Service-Types, my
suggestion would be to allocate a vendor-specific enumeration.  See RFC
2882, Section 2.2.1 for how this is done.

  The benefit with the method suggested in RFC 2882 is that you do not
need IANA approval for the allocation.