RE: Issue: Error-Cause Attribute in Disconnect-ACK?

I also noticed another oddity in usage of the Error-Cause Attribute.

It is stated that a CoA-NAK MUST always be sent in response to a CoA-Request including a Service-Type Attribute with value "Authorize Only".  If the CoA-Request can be processed, then sending an Error-Cause Attribute with value 507 (Request Initiated) is required.  However, if the CoA-Request cannot be processed, sending an Error-Cause attribute is optional.  Given that NAS implementations supporting a Service-Type attribute with value "Authorize Only" have to be able to send the Error-Cause Attribute in the event that the Request can be processed, why isn't sending an Error-Cause attribute a SHOULD in the event of an error?