RFC3576bis and Session State

David B. Nelson wrote:
It is entirely possible that RADIUS client implementations that do not
include RADIUS Accounting may not have implemented the Acct-Session-Id
attribute. They would have no need to.

  I suggest we can request that they implement it now, *if* they also
support CoA or Disconnect request.

OTOH, I don't think we need to get too hung up about the nomenclature of the
attribute.  The fact at the prefix is Acct should not be sufficient to
disqualify its usage as a session identifier for the authentication server
as well as the accounting server.  A session ID is a session ID.

  I agree.  Hence my suggestion to use Acct-Session-Id.