From: owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org] On Behalf Of Bernard Aboba
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:27 AM
To: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Issue: Attribute restriction

Issue:  Attribute Restriction
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: aboba@internaut.com
Date first submitted: May 26, 2007
Reference:
Document: RFC3576bis-06
Comment type: Technical
Section: 3.2
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Section 3.2 contains the following sentence:
   This Access-Request SHOULD contain the NAS
identification attributes from the CoA-Request, as well as the
session identification attributes from the CoA-Request legal for
inclusion in an Access-Request as specified in [RFC2865], [RFC2868],
[RFC2869] and [RFC3162].

This sentence appears to imply that only session identification attributes
from [RFC2865], [RFC2868], [RFC2869] and [RFC3162] can be included in the
Access-Request. In fact, RFC 3576bis adds Chargeable-User-Identity to the
list of session identification attributes; this is defined in a document
that is not listed.

The proposed resolution is to change this sentence to: