RE: RFC3576bis and Session State

See inline....

From: owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org] On Behalf Of Bernard Aboba
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 4:10 PM
To: Alan DeKok
Cc: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: RFC3576bis and Session State

How is this?

"A NAS implementing this specification SHOULD send an Acct-Session-Id
or Acct-Multi-Session-Id Attribute within an Access-Request.
Where an Acct-Session-Id or Acct-Multi-Session-Id Attribute is not
included within an Access-Request, the Dynamic Authorizatoin Client will not know the Acct-Session-Id
or Acct-Multi-Session-Id of the session it is attempting to target,
unless it also has access to the accounting data for that session.

Where an Acct-Session-Id or Acct-Multi-Session-Id Attribute is not
present in a CoA-Request or Disconnect-Request, it is possible that the
the User-Name or Chargeable-User-Identity attributes will not be
sufficient to uniquely identify the session (e.g. if the same
user has multiple sessions on the NAS, or if the privacy NAI is used).
In this case, session identification MAY be performed by using one or more of
the Called-Station-Id, Calling-Station-Id, NAS-Port and
NAS-Port-Id attributes."

[Avi] No I dont agree.  See my previous emails on this topic.