RE: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-radext-fixes

Barney Wolff writes...

> At the risk of exposing my own lack of imagination, would someone
> please explain how monotonically increasing ids would actually help
> duplicate detection?  Specifically, just how does it avoid the cache?

I believe it means that the server only needs to remember the last value of
Identifier seen in a successfully processed request, for each NAS IP/UDP
scope.  Any lower value in a newly received request is a duplicate.  The
server obviously needs to understand the wrap behavior at the 255 --> 0
transition, of course.