RE: Continued discussion of RADIUS Crypto-Agility

David B. Nelson <> allegedly scribbled on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:25
AM:

> Glen Zorn writes...
>
>> To 1) ignore our charter (not to mention the (at best) disingenuous
>> '?' regarding it in the presentation)...
>
> To be fair, the authors of this ID did indicate they knew it was out
> of charter scope, and therefore not eligible for the Crypto-Agility
> solution, at the time that they requested the presentation slot in
> RADEXT.  The "?" apparently came about as a result of discussions in
> the O&M Area WG earlier in the week.

So can we appropriately blame this nonsense (surprise!) on the IESG?

>> ...and 2) ignore the written requirements ...
>
> Of course, the implementation of RADSEC predated our requirements
> document.

So did the keywrap draft, it's implementations & even the NIST
certification of those implementations (by a matter of years).  So what?