Re: Internet Draft: RadSec - RADIUS over TCP+TLS

Stefan Winter wrote:
Hello!

My name is Stefan Winter of the Luxembourg Research and Education Network.
Together with Stig Venaas (Norwegian REN) and Mike McCauley from Open Systems Consultants (creators of the Radiator RADIUS server) I have created an internet draft describing two implementations of a transport profile for RADIUS that transports the RADIUS payload over a TCP+TLS link.

(sorry for late response)

Hi Stefan!

I work with RADIUS protocol about 10 years and question "why UDP not TCP" is the biggest question without answer for me (yes I red RFC286 part 2.4).

When I thinking about "UDP vs TCP" I found many arguments for TCP advantages like produced by your draft so I agree with it.

I think that this draft is a good start point to think about new transport for RADIUS. (and may be to prepare new version of this simply and nice protocol without current problems even)

--
CU,
Victor Gamov