Re: Continued discussion of RADIUS Crypto-Agility

Hello,

> We can certainly entertain a discussion of whether RADSEC is appropriate as
> a RADEXT WG work item.  However, I am not entirely clear that this question
> is relevant to the current crypto-agility discussion (although I'm
> certainly willing to be convinced otherwise).

I agree that it is not relevant for crypto-agility discussions. As I see it,
DTLS and RadSec fall under a common category in this respect: whole packet
encryption, with encryption negotiation happening outside of RADIUS.
Basically everything that falls under {some transport}+{the equivalent of TLS
for that transport} would fall into this same class (i.e. also yet-exotic
combinations like DCCP+DTLS or SCTP+TLS would be covered). keywrap represents
a second, fundamentally different class: per-attribute encryption, with
encryption negotiation happening inside the packet.
I guess discussions re the general crypto-agility problem could focus on
discussing those two classes of approach.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg