Re: Request for Review: "Issues and Fixes" changes

   For example, an Access-Request containing one of the authentication
   attributes User-Password or CHAP-Password MAY contain a State
   attribute.  Other attributes intended to carry authentication
   information include EAP-Message, though this list is not exhaustive,
   and may be extended in future specifications.

I think we 'd also need to include ARAP & Digest authentication, no?

   Access-Request packets that contain a Service-Type attribute with
   value Call Chack (10) or Authorize Only (17) MUST contain a State
   attribute.  Any Access-Request that does not contain an
   authentication attribute MUST contain a State attribute.  This list
   of authorization parameters is not exhaustive, and may be extended in
   future specifications.

Think this is "Call Check". I'm curious whether current implementations of Call Check satisfy this or not.

   The following algorithms apply to any client that originates RADIUS
   packets, including but not limited to Access-Request,
   Accounting-Request, Disconnect-Request, and CoA-Request [RFC3576].

  This also adds an informative reference to RFC 3576.

The reference should probably be to [RFC3576bis].

  We can add a note:

   For Accounting-Request packets, the default values for MRC, MRD,
   and MRT SHOULD be zero.  These settings will enable a RADIUS client
   to continue sending accounting requests to a RADIUS server until
   the request is acknowledged.  If any of MRC, MRD, or MRT are non-
   zero, then the accounting information could potentially be
   discarded without being recorded.

This is better, thanks.

It's difficult to know that an unknown type is for an unimplemented
service.  But I think I know what you mean.

Actually, I meant a known type;  for an unknown type, I agree.