RE: Consideration of draft-lior-radius-attribute-type-extension-02.txt

That being the case, this draft needs to include an IANA Considerations
section that specifies the code-point allocation policy for Extended RADIUS
Attributes that we expect IANA to use going forward.

One question I have is whether the Extended Attributes are only to be allocated once the existing Standards space has been exhausted, or whether allocation in the extended space can be requested before that. It seems that some specifications could benefit from the extended functionality, prior to exhaustion of the standard space.

Also, what if a RADIUS specification does not make use of the extended features? For example, an attribute might not want to use tagging. Could it request allocation of a standard attribute instead? What if the standard space was exhausted?

It seems to me like there might be reason to request allocation of a PEN for the Extended Attribute space, as well as another PEN for additional standard attributes.