RE: Consideration of draft-lior-radius-attribute-type-extension-02.txt

[gwz] You must be a better fortuneteller than I, because I usually find it
difficult to predict the future uses of a new thing (e.g., whether it would
be useful someday to add a certain attribute to a group). I would prefer to
say that if you _know_ for a fact that the new attribute a) is standalone &
will never be included in a group and b) it is not possible for it ever to
take a value that would be longer than 253 octets (i.e., an integer), then
use the existing standard attribute space, otherwise use the extended space.

Wouldn't the ability to be placed within a group need to be deifned at the time that the attribute is defined? If the attribute isn't defined to use grouping, why would it be allocated within the extended space?

[gwz] Apparently you guys know what you're talking about but I sure don't:
AFAIK, Prrivate Enterprise Numbers have nothing to do with standard RADIUS
attributes.  Are you suggesting that there should be _two_ new attribute
formats, one w/a Tag, etc. & the other without?  Why?

If an attribute is one which doesn't satisfy the above criteria (e.g. a uint32 or uint64), and therefore doesn't need to be grouped, why should the attribute be forced to take on the additional overhead?