Re: Frag & Tag questions

Frag and Tag: sounds like something a squad of soldiers would do.

On 9/16/07, Glen Zorn <glenzorn@comcast.net > wrote:

Right now the scope of both the F & Tag fields is the sub-attribute, since they occur to the right of the Extended Type.  This allows 1) very long sub-attributes and 2) the grouping of sub-attributes within a larger extended attribute.  Do we want to leave it this way or enlarge the scope of one or both fields to encompass the entire extended attribute?

[gwz]

[gwz] To answer my own question, I think that it would be better to make fragmentation & grouping apply to entire extended attributes, rather than sub-attributes.  This reduces flexibility, but simplifies the semantics considerably, I think.

--
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin
Principal Engineer