Re: RFC 2866 clarifications

Given that RFC 2866 specifies NAS behavior, the word "input" in the
attribute name should guide us. These are octets that have been received as
"input" on the NAS.

  I agree.

  How do we clarify it for everyone else?  How do we deal with vendors
who have it defined the opposite way?

To make matters worse, some vendors allow the meaning to be reversed. The only smooth way I see is if there was another attribute, say Acct- View-Point, which specified the perspective (or direction) being taken. This way, vendors can update their firmware becoming "compliant" while not requiring all the back-end systems and roaming partners they work with to change over night.

David