F'up IETF69: Patents on RADIUS over TCP and TLS?

Hello,

after listening to the IETF69 audio stream on
http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/pub/videolab/media/ietf69/ietf69-ch7-thurs-am.mp3,
I realised that there still a few unanswered questions from back then, and
I'd like to pick at least one of them up right now:

Glen mentioned, around audio mark 2:22:xy, that he knows that a big
international roaming consortium exists which is running RADIUS over TCP, and
possibly TLS, and that they might have patents on it.

Now, since I am not very much into the commercial telco market, I have no clue
who this consortium is and find out about their patent status. So, could
someone (Glen?) name that consortium? It would also be nice if I could get
some pointers on where to find out about their patents. Even though I realise
that finding patents is not exactly easy - I've been hunting for a copy of
Nokia's AU patent on Diameter and it is a pain. I tend to think that some
patents are not meant to be found - until their holder can use them to bash
other people ;-)

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg