RE: I-D Action:draft-zorn-radius-pkmv1-03.txt

> I haven't seen the code so I don't know for sure, but my guess
> is that your presumption would be incorrect.  Since multiple
> vendors are involved, this is not a technically appropriate
> use of VSAs.

No. The Design Guidelines document was written in part to dispel
this misconception.  VSAs (specifically those allocated to
SDOs such as IEEE 802) are not only technically appropriate
for this use, they are the recommended approach for use
in documents (such as this one) which describe SDO-specific
uses of RADIUS.

If this point is not being made crystal clear in the Design
Guidelines document, then we need to change the text until
it is.

Forcing SDOs to put documents on the IETF standards track
merely so that they can obtain request allocation of standard RADIUS
attributes for SDO-specific uses of RADIUS makes no sense.