Re: [RRG] Comments on the Design Goals I-D

OK, I understand.
But what kind of solutions A and B do you have in mind that have a 100 % stretch difference ?

Heiner

In einer eMail vom 25.04.2007 16:09:20 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt ksriram@nist.gov:
Increased path length is a trade-off for reduced table size.
So any proposed solution would be expected to have
a stretch (or path inflation) greater than 100% (relative to the SP case).
But if Solution A has 200% stretch while Solution B has 300% stretch,
while each provides the same reduction in table size under the same
set of conditions (e.g., topology, policy, etc.), then A would be considered
to have better routing quality in terms of this trade-off.

Sriram