Re: [RRG] BGP path hunting, MRAI timer and Path Length Damping

Hello again Robin,

On Jun 21, 2007, at 5:22 AM, Robin Whittle wrote:

Then, maybe we wouldn't be so unhappy about BGP's convergence
rate and the number of messages - which are two of the primary
reasons we are having to invent a new routing and addressing
architecture.

I don't believe that we have anything like consensus on that view. In fact, rough consensus (as of Prague) was quite the contrary: convergence and messaging _can_ be handled without architectural changes.

Regards,
Tony