Re: [RRG] On the Transitionability of LISP

On 2007-08-03 18:38, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
This is actually somewhat harder. If hosts actually checked reachability, or really used all the A records they got back, it might suffice as part of transition to use the EID plus aggregatable A information. (It's too bad DNS A records do not have preferences like MX records, but we can't change that now.)

I'm glad you wrote "A" records. In the case of "AAAA" records,
the correct practice is to try them in sequence, using the RFC 3484
algorithm by default, and possibly a site-wide RFC 3484 policy.

    Brian