Re: [RRG] Ivip's fix for tunnel o-head, PMTUD & fragmentation problems

On 2007-10-17 06:55, Robin Whittle wrote:
...  While it does this, it fragments longer
packets which it tunnels to the ETR, even if the sending host set
the DF bit.

As written, that seems to be a direct violation of RFC 791.
I doubt we can anticipate all the unintended consequences.
A tunnel, like a link layer, is fully entitled transparently
to fragment *and reassemble* the packets that it carries, but
that isn't what you propose.

   Brian