Re: [RRG] cache issues in LISP and CONS

On 22-okt-2007, at 19:13, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

What I'd like to see here is a two-pronged system: a standard issue ITR/ETR system that handles most of the traffic, and an increased stretch overlay network that can handle the packets that run into cache misses.

Replying to myself - always cool.

I just realized that such an architecture could have some nice security benefits. The access to the overlay network could be rate limited, and direct communication using the ITR/ETR system could be subject to negotiation of credentials. This could potentially help against denial of service attacks.