Re: [RRG] Idea for shooting down

On Nov 20, 2007, at 2:15 PM, Brian Carpenter wrote:

Imho, it could be so simple. Sometimes I compare my situation with Platon's cove story. Because I am not so good in BGP I am bad in interpreting the shadows on the wall, hence my model is ignored.

Please point us to a document describing your proposal. The animation on
your site doesn't explain NIRA in a way that I can understand.

To be fair, Heiner did indeed give a conceptual overview to the mailing list. If I understood it correctly, it involved geographic routing at the top levels, based on longitude/latitude, with prefix routing locally. What I found unclear was how hop-by-hop forwarding worked while packet addressing continued to be strictly address based. I await further enlightenment.

Tony