Re: [RRG] Idea for shooting down

On 2007-11-23 01:13, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On 19 nov 2007, at 22:59, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~brian/DFZng.pdf

I don't understand how this works... Would ISPs at each level aggregate the address prefixes used at the level below, or would addressing be completely separate from the hierarchy so some kind of mapping/encapsulation would need to happen?

The second case. There would not only be a separate instantiation of
BGP4 in each region, but also a separate instantiation of (e.g.)
LISP-ALT. The idea is to recurse the whole model (EGP and locator-locator
mapping). ((Er, LISP EIDs are a special case of locator as far as
I'm concerned.))

I realise it's badly explained, but it seems quite hard to explain
clearly. Since I won't be in Vancouver, I will try to come up with
a better description and more diagrams at some point.

   Brian