Re: [RRG] Re: Mobility in the future

On Dec 6, 2007, at 7:26 AM, ksriram@nist.gov wrote:

I imagine there will be a lot of real-time (interactive) video over IP
or broadcast IPTV applications as well reaching out
to mobile devices (laptops, iphones, etc.).
For such applications a few seconds delay would not be acceptable
when the connection requires seamless mobility from one Wi-MAX cell to another
or from Wi-MAX to WLAN, etc.

Certainly. The point isn't to address all mobility issues in the routing layer. Higher frequency mobility will always require more mechanisms (e.g., make before break, application interaction). The whole point is to get the low hanging fruit that we can.

Tony