[RRG] Re: FYI -- Informal LISP BOF scheduled for lunch time on Thursday

Greg,

But I don't see any difference in power consumption when prefixes are carried in new fancy mapping scheme, when routers get some routes with on demand caching or if they are carried in a new instance of BGP.

Intra-domain the problem is solved today. Core P routers do not need to keep any routes other then routes to next hops when any form of tunneling is used. And this is deployed today in many networks. Inter-domain can be addressed in very same way.

Cheers,
R.

Robert,

Just another thought..

Yes, we vendors can continue to make larger routers. I wonder if there
is a tangible power savings by a new routing architecture over just
building and deploying bigger routers.

Greg