[RRG] LISP, IPv6 and 6to4

I am wondering why there hasn't been more discussion about
using LISP as the vehicle to get us to IPv6, e.g. by having
EIDs as IPv6 addresses and RLOCs as IPv4 addresses from the
onset. A hallway discussion brought up the subject of
incremental deployment, but why can't we just use 6to4
as the bootstrapping vehicle to get us to LISP/IPv6?

By this, I mean that nodes having 2002::/16 EIDs are handled
using 6to4 and have the same deployment profile as for 6to4
today. Then, we require that nodes having non-6to4 EIDs be
deployed behind ETRs. If we then also say that 6to4 relay
routers must configure themselves as ITRs and do the necessary
map-and-encaps, we have an incremental deployment profile.

Any thoughts on this?

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com