preferable for the encapsulation method to describe flow label
semantics (consistent with RFC 3967).

    Brian

On 2007-12-12 19:08, jarno.rajahalme@nsn.com wrote:
Few points on this:
- The issue with having to sum all the data in the packet is moot, since
you do not have to do this with UDP-Lite
- There is no way you can require L2 error detection from all links
between the tunnel endpoints. You can maybe hope. Also L2 errors are not
the only possible source of bit errors.
- For the intended load-balancing effect you should be able to use the
flow label field of the encapsulating IPv6 header. Routers ought to be
able to take that into the hash in addition of the IP addresses.
- If your router can't take the IPv6 flow label into the hash you could
still use multiple addresses per (IPv6) ETR

But I have to agree that I can't see why checksumless IPv6/UDP
encapsulation would be any more dangerous than IPv6 encapsulation
without UDP. But for the purpose being discussed here UDP is really not
needed at all, since you have the flow label in the IPv6 header anyway.

Regards,

	Jarno