Re: [RRG] Re: [RAM] Different approaches for different protocols

As far as I can tell, that whole line of thinking was thrown out
of the boat when the RIRs and ISPs declined to accept the recommendation
that *all* site prefixes should be /48 or shorter. I don't see any way
to revive a (6+2)+8 type of proposal now, unless you can figure out
how to deal with variable length routing goop.

We've done variable length before...  ;-)

In any case, if we go down this path, we are making enough other changes (e.g., shifting away from PI prefixes) that we shouldn't feel overly constrained. We could decide, for example, to reserve some address space for 6+10 and then migrate into that...

Tony