Re: [RRG] Process proposal: Conceptual Summary and Analysis documents

Lixia,

Four comments:

First, while the RADIR problem statement contains some interesting
questions, it is merely at best a starting point, and one that has not,
so far as I can tell, drawn much support.  There are likely OTHER
factors that will come into play that go beyond the RADIR statement,
while some factors mentioned in the RADIR statement may seem less
important.  These are engineering tradeoffs one must consider.  Being
bounded to the RADIR problem statement, therefore, is not appropriate.

Second, even if one were to analyze solutions based strictly on the
RADIR problem statement, the level of analysis given the size limit of
the document will likely be superficial at best.  I've done a fair
amount of analysis with NERD which itself runs 12-13 pages.  The page
limit, therefore, seems small. But that also means...

Third... the time frame is wrong.  If someone actually wants to
experiment in order to perform the analysis, one and one half months
(which is really what we have with holidays) leaves literally no time.
Again, with NERD, I verified my numbers by actually building databases
and writing code.

Finally, it would be MORE useful to ME if OTHERS analyzed my work.  I'm
sure that authors of other proposals feel the same way.

Regards,

Eliot