Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

Dino,

> > Whether "it's not at all bad" depends on the locality of the traffic.
>
> Right, the guys at UCLB are gathering data on this.

Ok.

> > To preserve "truth in advertising" the LISP spec needs (a) to clearly
> > spelled out the assumptions you make about the locality of the
> > traffic, as well as (b) to document the system behavior if these
> > assumptions
> > turned out to be incorrect.
>
> Right, but we don't have the data yet so that is why it's not
> documented.

Just because "we don't have the data yet" is *not* a valid reason for
why (a) and (b) are "not documented". This is because to document
*assumptions* does not require the data - the data is required to
test the assumptions. Likewise, documenting the system behavior if
the assumptions turned out to be incorrect does not require the
data.

Yakov.