Re: [RRG] ALT + NERD is inelegant & inefficient, compared to APT or Ivip

In responding to concerns about all ITRs caching (ALT) or about all
ITRs having the full feed of mapping information (NERD), Dino
proposed that LISP should be implemented with both systems at once.
Here are some quotes from Dino and Tony around 10 January:

I did not say that, I said:

DF >>  As you know, all the LISP mapping database
DF >>  mechanisms touches on all tradeoffs. We know how
DF >>  to do it each way, what's left is experimentation
DF >>  and a decision to pick one, or blend two.

I said what is left to do is 1) make a decision (see text right above this line) or 2) blend two mapping database scheme. We don't know yet. We need to experiment.

Dino