Re: [RRG] ALT's strong aggregation often leads to *very* long paths

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.

I agree with you on this:

> Certainly, no delay is better than delay.

but I do not believe we should accept a new architecture which
typically delays any packets more than a very short time, say 100ms
at the very most.  I think a few ms to a few tens of ms would be
achievable in most cases with local Query Servers - meaning within a
few hundred km of the caching ITRs.

> I assume you mean "push-everything" schemes, and given that some
> are arguing for 10^10 map entries, I have great difficulty
> agreeing that any push-everything scheme is deployable. At the
> 10^8 level it seems conceivable.

I think such numbers beyond 10^9 are achievable by the time any such
growth would occur - with a mix of caching ITRs, local Query Servers
and full database ITRs.  This is the principle of APT and Ivip.

I discussed these large numbers of EIDs/micronets in a message
"Single Host Granularity (SHG) with full database ITRs & Query
Servers", which I posted yesterday, and will post again, since it
has not yet appeared on the list.

 - Robin