Re: [RRG] Evolutionary Possibilities

Ran,

> The functional
> requirement would be that the enhanced IPv6 remain backwards
> compatible with existing IPv6 -- for the near term.

Right -- things like this should indeed be possible. Just to confirm
from my IETF perspective: if needed, we can add new features or
functions to IPv6 if the backwards compatibility is retained. Or even to
IPv4. We do it all the time...

(But I am not quite sure what your exact proposal is, maybe there will
be a draft on this later? And note that, quite obviously, there has to
be incentives for people to add those things in their networks and hosts
or else none of this will get deployed.)

Jari