RE: [RRG] Path Hash proposal

Earlier, Dow Street noted:
% That's correct - this would be a new per-packet processing cost,
% probably implemented in hardware.  I'll leave it to the equipment
% designers to comment on the implementation cost / complexity.

This would be a major increase in equipment costs to ISPs,
as near as I can tell, because changes to per-packet-processing
that require new hardware are not low cost.

The burden on smaller access routers, which often still use
CPU-based forwarding would also be an issue (software is
easier to update, but the increase in number of CPU cycles
per packet is an issue for deployed routers).

Ran