Re: [RRG] yetAnotherProposal: AS-number forwarding

Aha, I see the benefit of including location info in address. I'm just
interested in what's the best choice of integrating this GRIO with a kind of
id/loc split idea.
Xiaohu,

GIRO already does the separation of locator/identifier. In Fig. 3, which describes the address format, you can view the "external component" as the "locator", and the "internal component" is the "identifier". The locator is announced in BGP, while the identifier is used to route inside the dest network.
Cheers,

--Ricardo