Re: [RRG] APT: no need for islands?

My previous message mentioned dissemination of APT mapping
information via BGP.  This was based on my recollection of:

   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jen-apt-01#section-7.1

which actually involved a separate instance of BGP, unrelated to
that used for inter-domain routing - but still operating between
ASes which have direct connections to each other.

Reading the more up-to-date:

     http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~meisel/apt-rrg.pdf
and  http://cs.ucla.edu/~meisel/draft-apt-incremental-00.txt

I see that the dissemination is not done by BGP, but by an
"OPSF-style flooding protocol".

My proposal remains the same in principle: rather than have APT
islands by flooding the mapping data only via physical links to
other ASes, to build tunnels to multiple other ASes from any one AS,
and so make a single APT system for the entire Net.

  - Robin