RE: [RRG] Re: Supposed impossibility of scaling for mobility

Routing and mobility act on different time scales. 5 - 10s handovers are
not acceptable in any working system. I agree that an ideal routing
scalability solution could support and handle some forms of mobility
(maybe network mobility?), but I fail to see why to put so much emphasis
to mobility support as we do not even have the scalability part carved
out.

Robin, your solution seems to build on the idea that the MN could tell
its location and from there to determine where the closest TTR is
located. Are you assuming GPS or are you possibly concluding from the
EID (care of address) that is not topologically determining? Or are you
pinging the original TTR?

Many times in the real life systems it is exactly the access that costs,
therefore the access authorization plays a critical role. TTR or some
other part of the system, maybe the AAA needs to be involved to grant
the access. Naturally we need to bring in the user identities as well
for the AAA.

There are a number of active WGs addressing the various aspects of the
mobility, shouldn't we co-ordinate with them?

But now the routing part of the problem is escaping me!

Regards Hannu