RE: [RRG] clarification of locators, IDs, IP addresses

I am pretty confused when it comes to the definition of the problem.
If I understand it correctly, the main idea to solve a future problem of site-multihooming. But, when I am trying to follow the discussion, a set of very complex solutions are suggested.

Currently, the transit backbone are built on a "connectionless" approach whithout states.  Do we intend to build a new dynamic and statefull routing architecture?

I understand that the granularity of "one address" per provider is not enough, but that can easily be solved by assign a set of adresses to a provider. The main problem I see lying in the assumption to have dynamic mapping tables instead to have a simple mapping rule.

I see a lot of similarities with the QoSPF-discussion for some years ago.

Can someone give me some understanding of the basic requiremments?

regards Lasse