Re: [RRG] On "jack-down" models - independent namespaces

In einer eMail vom 17.03.2008 21:58:24 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt tony.li@tony.li:
It would seem to me that one indication of independence is that we should be
able to use any number as either a locator OR identifier.  It's perfectly
acceptable to require that there be nodes in the network that use the same
name in both namespaces as a transition tool, but obviously this cannot be a
long-term steady state requirement.

I am not sure whether this is your final opinion.For identifiers I can imagine numbers from multiple address families, but for routers (I like to avoid the word locators) I can only imagine IPv4 addresses.

Heiner