Re: [RRG] Consensus check: mapping granularity

In einer eMail vom 20.03.2008 17:59:34 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt tony.li@tony.li:
I would think that we would want to support it as the same level of
scalability as coarser aggregates.  However, we have not yet discussed what
level of scalability is a necessity.  Yet another item on the discussion
list...

Tony

quote from draft-carpenter-idloc-map-cons-01.txt:
4.6.  Scale

   We want no arbitrary scaling limits.  However, proposed scaling
   targets are 10 to 100 billion Stacks (which scales the Identifier
   Namespace), and 10 million sites.  Although the latter does not
   directly scale the Internet's Locator Namespace, it indicates the
   worst-case granularity of the routing table for that Locator
   Namespace.  If we don't do better than random allocation of address
   blocks to sites, we will end up with 10 million routing table
   entries.

Heiner