Re: [RRG] What does incremental deployment mean

On Mar 28, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Randall Atkinson wrote:
Marshall,

  I meant "update" in the sense of "apply the periodic patches
released from Microsoft", not in the sense of "buy a new copy of Windows".

Cheers,

Ran

I understand that, and tried to distinguish between the two in my little analysis.

By the way, Wikipedia says about Windows 2000

"More than eight years after its release, it continues to receive patches for security vulnerabilities on a near-monthly basis."

So, there may be hope there after all. Still, my experience is that people who are running old versions of code are
likely to also not be regularly updating them.

Regards
Marshall