[RRG] Some comments on draft-farinacci-lisp-06

Hi Dino,

while reading draft-farinacci-lisp-06 some questions
came up, so here are my comments as hopefully useful
feedback:

* Sec 3., p.11: "Data probe" definition: at this
  point it is not clear whether the data probe packet
  is a kind of special packet or whether it's a normal
  packet (one could guess the latter since you don't
  want end-host modifications...)

* Sec. 4.1, number 3:
  "LISP 1...In either case the packet arrives at the ETR."
  I asked myself at which ETR the packet actually arrives
  in case of multi-homing, esp. how would this work for PI-like
  EID prefixes? If I understood the proposal correctly, in LISP 1
  there are entries in the DFZ tables that map the EID prefix
  to ETR RLOCs. So in LISP 1 there would be not much
  reduction in the DFZ tables for these cases?

* Sec. 4.1, number 5:
  as probably already discussed on the list
  is caching in the ITR basically a problem if
  end-systems send packets to a large number of
  different EIDs. IMHO this is a source for trouble
  or target for DoS attacks as we experienced also
  problems with (route) caching during sending probing
  packets to randomly generated IP addresses (for some kind
  of bootstrapping P2P overlays). So if the
  cache is not something like a complete FIB today,
  I see problems that such communication patterns
  will not work properly with LISP.

* Sec. 5:
  "it is recommended, in IPv4 that packet do not get
  fragmented..." sure that there is no fragmentation
  by routers in IPv6, but something should be said about
  IPv6 as packets can become too large by tunneling, too.

* Sec. 6.2.:
  The text refers to "client-side" and "server-side"
  which were not introduced before. Wouldn't it be better
  to speak of source site and destination site?

Regards,
 Roland