Re: [RRG] Which Side to Control Ingress Link Selection?

Set me thinking. In some way whoever pays for the link should be able to
control what happens over it, which in many cases will mean the
receiving network?

Louise,

the receiving edge network may actually be affected by the choice of its
ingress link in close to all cases.  In some cases, though, it might in
addition have an impact on the sending edge network, because a
particular ingress link at the receiving side may force the sending side
to use a particular egress link, and this may have cost effects on the
sending side (consider peering relationships).

Conceptually, though, by giving control to those who pay, we would
certainly be on the right track.

- Christian