RE: [RRG] interesting presentations from RIPE

% If this is true (and I wouldn't be surprised), how would LISP
% or any other proposal without added security features help here?
%
% Even though LISP, Six/One, etc helps to make aggregation easier,
% would ISPs still de-aggregate for the security reasons?

My understanding is that the IETF's SIDR WG is chartered to address
the issue of authentication and authorisation for routing prefix
advrtisements in the inter-domain context.  I further understand
that they have actual engineering work-in-progress in this area.

<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/sidr-charter.html>

So I think that any proposal here that does not significantly alter
BGP would be able to use whatever approach(es) that the IETF
SIDR WG might come up with, and hence need not necessarily
come up with an independent solution within the context of
the Routing RG.

On the other hand, if some architectural change were proposed
here that would mean the SIDR approach, whatever that might
be, could not continue to be used, then the proponents of
that change probably should explain how the change being
proposed here can also support both authentication and authorisation
of inter-domain routing prefix advertisements.

Cheers,

Ran
rja@extremenetworks.com