RE: [RRG] NAT-PT and other approaches to IPv6 adoption

Hi Robin,

|If there
|are none, then IPv6-only hosts are only going to be viable for most
|end-users in an environment where almost all other hosts have IPv6
|addresses.

Others have replied to most of the points that you raised.  As to this one,
I'll just point out that most hosts interact with a very small number of
servers.  If a large number of public web servers (e.g., Google, CNN, Yahoo,
Amazon, etc.) and basic private servers for DNS, SMTP, IMAP and POP have v6
support, many folks would be quite happily working on v6.  The number of
applications that require true any-to-any v6 support is pretty small (e.g.,
p2p protocols).

Thus, I think that once we get the infrastructure actually working with v6,
it will be entirely possible to dual-stack individual hosts without too much
difficulty.

Regards,
Tony