Re: [RRG] Long term clean-slate only for the RRG?

On 7/2/08 11:59 AM, Noel Chiappa allegedly wrote:
    > From: Peter Sherbin <pesherb@yahoo.com>

    >> As has been remarked before, routing and addressing are fundamentally
    >> inseparable...

    > It seems right but what is the basis for that statement? Does anyone
    > has a mathematical formula that proves it?

Addresses (routing-names) are the data that path-selection (routing) works
on. As such, they are inherently inseparable.

I have trouble seeing them as tightly bound. Routing is mechanisms for passing around information in support of path discovery and selection. The information is about routing-names but the form of those names has only limited influence on the information about those names that needs to be transferred, and even less on the mechanisms by which it is transferred or used. ??

Scott