Re: [RRG] Geographic aggregation-based routing

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 6:31 PM,  <HeinerHummel@aol.com> wrote:
> The way I described how to use Dijkstra enables a Dijkstra shortest path
> tree which respects constraints like uni-directional forwarding. E.g. from
> node N1 to N2 but not from N2 to N1. And even conditioned: .. but not from
> N2 to N1 unless N1 is the destination node.

Precisely. It fails to respect one of the required system constraints:
that of transit permission.

> I still do not understand what you try to teach me.

Your algorithm does not correctly enforce the permission constraint.
Thus it is unusable in an interdomain setting where the permission
constraint is a requirement.

-Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin@dirtside.com bill@herrin.us