Re: [RRG] Geographic aggregation-based routing is at odds with reality

In einer eMail vom 22.07.2008 11:42:06 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt iljitsch@muada.com:
The real criticism is that we ALREADY have end-user names and
infrastructure addresses: FQDNs and IP addresses. Apparently that
wasn't enough. How do we know that a third naming layer will do the
trick?

enum-inverse ( E.164 ). Just kidding.

Of course, exploiting the geographical coordinates would be my answer.

Obviously that can be done in many ways. If done just by building geo-prefixes i.e. without questioning the
real cause of the scalability problem, nothing would be gained.

Heiner