Re: [RRG] Opportunistic Topological Aggregation in the RIB->FIB Calculation?

Quoting William Herrin <bill@herrin.us>:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:35 PM, K. Sriram <ksriram@nist.gov> wrote:
> > At 02:32 PM 7/22/2008, William Herrin wrote:
>
> > X can be quite large for core BGP routers -- 100s of peers or BGP
> > interfaces.
>
> What scenario? Peering fabric at Equinix Ashburn kind of thing? What's
> the guesstimate on the number of routers in service with >= 100 active
> BGP sessions to peers? 20? 200? 2000?

Thanks for your response to my questions.
Please see slides 33-36 from this presentation:

http://www.antd.nist.gov/~ksriram/BGP_Security_Analysis_NIST_Study.pdf

We derived these statistics and plots using AS-level peering topology
measurement data from Lixia's team at UCLA (December 2005).
This is a good starting point, but in order to fully quantify
your proposal, a distribution of ratio of prefixes (RIB entries)
that point to the same peer (per BGP router) is needed.

Sriram
K. Sriram, Ph.D.
Web:  http://www.antd.nist.gov/~ksriram/